apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apr_pools leaking
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:11:06 GMT
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:40:46PM +0100, Peter Steiner wrote:
> (im not a subscriber to this list, so please CC to my address)
>
> I have observed and opened a bug [1] in allocator_free() in apr_pools.c,
> that was reported first by Brian Pane on dev@httpd [2]. Brian drafted a
> patch:

The issues Brian reference look real but are entirely unrelated to the
symptoms you have described - they cannot cause a "memory leak" in your
app.  If the memory use in your app is increasing *indefinitely* then
that's a pool memory misuse problem.

Check that e.g. all pools you create are also destroyed and that no
memory is being allocated out of long-lived pools by whatever operation
it is you see consuming memory.

Regards,

joe