apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES and 64-bit builds
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:29:46 GMT
On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 09:17:15AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Should it be on or off?  IOW, should it mean that OS LFS support for
> 32-bit apps such as fstat64() is used, or should it mean that APR can
> handle large files?

There was some discussion of this when the LFS stuff was going in,
thread from msgid <20040320110426.GG11859@manyfish.co.uk>.

I do think that the current definition is the probably the right one to
be exposing as part of the API at preprocessor level, since it may be
necessary to use at that level to be able to correctly interact with
other libraries.  (mod_perl needs it like this, for example).

Using sizeof(apr_off_t) should be sufficient for most cases where you
need to determine simply "can APR handle file sizes > 2Gb" at compile
time.

Regards,

joe