apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Status of SHA2
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 04:16:21 GMT
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 21:24 -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> But given than RC4/RC5 are dead (RC4 needs to be killed ASAP with apr 2)
> it seems we really should export and document them for general use with
> apr 1.3

I see a whole bunch of functions named something like apr__SHA256_Data
etc. AFAIK, this is not normally what APR names look like, so I'm
guessing we should rename those to apr_sha256_data etc. and change
references in existing code to new names. These are public symbols,
however, so I don't know if changing them would break API compatibility
(given that they are not used outside APR).

The private sha2.h should then become apr_sha2.h in the include
directory, I guess.

--
Bojan