apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: MD4/MD5 implementation is non-free
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:02:51 GMT
On Oct 16, 2006, at 12:44 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> Could we get confirmation of this interpretation?
>
> Did the person who made that argument substantiate it?

This was included in a prior message to dev@apr by Tollef Fog Heen:

    For those who don't know me, I'm one of the Debian Apache (and APR)
    maintainers.  Some time ago, we received a bug report (
    but bugs.d.o is down right now, mirror at http://url.err.no/hxnxhq )
    about the MD4 and MD5 implementations in apr-util being non-free and
    possibly [non]distributable.

The bug reporter seems to be taking individual copyright notices
out of context and assuming that no license exists just because it
isn't present within the files.  *shrug*

....Roy