apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: MD4/MD5 implementation is non-free
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:35:52 GMT
On Oct 9, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> I took the liberty of replacing the MD4 and MD5 implementations in
> apr-util with the ones from dovecot (written originally by Solar
> Designer and put in the public domain).  They took a bit of adaption
> to not break the ABI or change the API.  The diff is attached and also
> available at http://err.no/patches/apr-util-md4-md5-licence-fix.diff

Umm, that implementation is obviously derived from the code in
RFC1321, as well as saying it is derived from other code by
Andrey Panin and Colin Plumb.  Dovecot.org says that the files
are under the MIT license "unless otherwise mentioned at the
beginning of the file."

I fail to see how dropping that into APR would change the license
situation at all.

....Roy