apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Callbacks for async transfer with APR-Socket routines
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:08:50 GMT
On 10/4/06, Hans-Peter Weidinger <hans-peter@hp-weidinger.at> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I hope this is not off topic in here ...
> I'm currently working with the socket i/o routines provided by APR. I'm
> using the async-mode for a TCP-Stream-socket (client). Sending works
> fine - but i need a way to get notified, if sending is done.

Umm, I think you're misunderstanding how non-blocking i/o works in
this case.  I'm not aware of any async mode for APR's sockets.  You
can make it non-blocking, in which case if you can't write the data it
won't get written, but you can't say "write this data, let me know
when it's done".  The traditional way of implementing the "write this
data let me know when it's done" kind of thing on top of non-blocking
sockets would be via select/poll, i.e. the apr_poll and apr_pollset
interfaces.

-garrett