apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Support for fstatfs
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:46:23 GMT
On Mon, October 30, 2006 8:43 am, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>> Is there any support planned for fstatfs and friends within APR?
>
> It's very unlikely unless you submit any patches, but you should know
> that.  ;-)

Indeed :)

> But, what information are you looking to get?

I am looking for a way to determine, given a file, whether sufficient
space exists on the drive to write the file, before that file is
processed, and it looks like fstatfs is the way to go.

> statvfs()/fstatvfs() is the more portable variant, but you'd have to
> do some work to identify what each platform can consistently provide.
> And, is there a variant for Win32 that we can call that'll give basic
> drive information?  -- justin

It's the win32 part that I am most interested in - I don't want to come up
with an API and find win32 doesn't support it without a change to the API.

Does anyone know what the equivalent function is on win32 so I can do some
more digging? Google didn't find anything useful when I tried to look.

Regards,
Graham