apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Support for fstatfs
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:54:10 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> On Mon, October 30, 2006 8:43 am, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
>> But, what information are you looking to get?
>
> I am looking for a way to determine, given a file, whether sufficient
> space exists on the drive to write the file, before that file is
> processed, and it looks like fstatfs is the way to go.
>
> It's the win32 part that I am most interested in - I don't want to come up
> with an API and find win32 doesn't support it without a change to the API.

Well, seeing as any test you do will be befuddled by file compression on the
volume you are writing and that trusting this information is foolhardy if there
are multiple users of the device, I'd ask you to rethink the design before you
create yet another set of "My drive has XXX free but the program crashes with
a No Space Left message!!!" bug reports :)