apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r469156 - /apr/apr-iconv/branches/STATIC_MODULES/
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:18:59 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 10/30/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
>> I was not aware I made any mistake. IMHO, what I did is less
>> harmless then C-T-R/revert.
>> Or do you think I need to ask "someone" before every commit?
>
> No, but when you create a branch, you should send an email explaining
> what you intend to do with the branch - preferably before you start.

Like said (for the third time) my bad, sorry ;)

> We're not mind readers, ya know.

I'll make some overview by tomorrow for discussion.

In general, it's the same apr-iconv with the option
to have a list of ccs/ces modules you wish to have
built in, at build time.
It has few .awk scripts for patching the ccs/ces
source files (so the changes are at build time), and the
final product can be 2MB libapriconv instead of
3MB libpapriconv + iconv/*.so, and 1 file compared
with 210+ files.
Of course any combination of built in and dynamic
modules is allowed, and apr_iconv_open will first
look for built in modules, and then fall back to .so
module loading.

Regards,
Mladen.