apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject apr_brigade_create() produces a corrupt brigade
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:48:03 GMT
Hi all,

I have spent a few hours trying to get to the bottom of this, and and
truly stuck.

When creating a new brigade inside a filter, I do this:

r = f->r;
dobj->tmpbb = apr_brigade_create(r->pool, r->connection->bucket_alloc);

This runs fine - a brigade is created, containing a single bucket.

The trouble is, the bucket inside the brigade is corrupt - it's name
consists of random bytes, and the pointers to its methods are either
NULL or corrupt bytes.

Obviously any attempt to read the contents of this brigade causes a
segfault, although I can happily add other buckets to this brigade first.

Is there are magic initialisation that needs to be done before a brigade
creation is possible?

I am using apr-trunk, against httpd-trunk.

Regards,
Graham