apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Clarification: apr_brigade_split()
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:03:11 GMT
Hi all,

Can anyone explain the contract for apr_brigade split? I have read and
reread the doxygen description, and it makes no sense to me.

apr_bucket_brigade* a = apr_brigade_split(apr_bucket_brigade *b,
                                           apr_bucket *e)

As I understand it, brigade b, is split in two. After the split, some of
the brigade is in a, and some of the brigade is in b.

Is the brigade in a the leftmost part of the brigade, or the rightmost
part of the brigade?

Which brigade will bucket e fall into, a or b?

Regards,
Graham