apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: About adding support for TerminateThread to APR
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:13:44 GMT
Actually - if you are at all familiar with kernel development, you would
be aware that this is a fundamentally broken construct that leads to
resource leakage and, generally, problematic behaviors.

Nothing will ever be added to 1.2.x, the next release with 'new features'
or API entry points will be 1.3, and the next release that deletes old
features (deprecated ones) will be 2.0 per our versioning rules.