apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Ruppert ...@ruppert-it.de>
Subject Signalling an other process
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 07:10:15 GMT
Hi all,

Currently I'm porting a Unix/Posix application using shared memory and
system V semaphore sets to APR. The application uses a write process to
write to a shared memory and a read process to read from the shared
memory. Now I need a way to signal the reader process from writer
process to read some data out of a shared memory. Currently I use
semaphore sets to do that. I haven't found an API within APR to support
such signalling.

Signalling the process using process signals like SIGUSR1 seems to be
not portable...

Have I missed something or has somebody an idea to solve this problem?

Regards,
Stefan