apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Clarification: apr_brigade_split()
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:58:12 GMT
On Wed, October 25, 2006 2:53 am, Davi Arnaut wrote:

>> Is the brigade in a the leftmost part of the brigade, or the rightmost
>> part of the brigade?
>
> All buckets before the bucket *e are removed from the brigade and placed
> on the new brigade.
>
> a = e to sentinel
> b = b-a
>
>> Which brigade will bucket e fall into, a or b?
>
> The new brigade, a.

This is a contradiction (or the lack of sleep is getting to me).

All buckets _before_ the bucket e are placed on the new brigade.

The bucket e is _not_ removed from the old brigade, and yet somehow bucket
e is in the new brigade.

This makes no sense.

Can anyone clarify?

Once someone clarifies, I can update the documentation, and I won't have
to think so hard every time I need to use this function :(

Regards,
Graham