apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apr_dso_load(): DYNAMIC_PATH flag for shl_load()?
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:31:47 GMT
On 10/14/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Eric Covener wrote:
> > Would it be appropriate for apr_dso_load to set the DYNAMIC_PATH flag
> > when using  shl_load() on HPUX?
> IMHO, no.  The behavior AIUI is dynamic for applications built +b +s.
>
> But if my understanding of the default behavior is wrong, I agree with
> your suggestion.

It doesn't appear that the +s flag alone lets explicit calls to
shl_load search SHLIB_PATH to find libraries.

typescript-like testcase at http://misers.org/apache/shl_load.txt
(similiar results for ia64 in same dir)

It might also be wise to (instead?)  test for SHL after DLFCN as SHL
is deprecated (swapping of two stanzas in srclib/apr/configure.in):

shl_load(3x)
      Future HP-UX environments may not support these routines and flags or
      may only support a subset of them.  Instead, they will use the SVR4
      dynamic loading API.  Users are encouraged to migrate to the dl*
      family of dynamic linking routines.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com