Hi,
as you asked for suggestions, here is one.

I wanted to know more about APR, I need for Subversion.
I went to your main page: http://apr.apache.org/
I expected to have a presentation of the project and of the API, just to know exactly what it is about, some specs.  and how I can use it.
But there is nothig of this, a bad tutorial that is only presentation slides, well I lost time without success.
I was not going to analyse the mailling lists or download a full documentation.
So, here is the suggestion:
After your welcome text, put a link to an html page, lets say four pages long, with a complete description.
Regards, Michel.