apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r442492 - /apr/apr/branches/1.2.x/network_io/unix/sockets.c
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:52:32 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Ok - reading Mladen's and your comments, I'll agree the extra copy is
> warrented, let's proceed on your plan...
>
>  * revert the original patch from 0.9, 1.2 branches for the moment
>  * let this patch settle a bit
>  * backport correct/complete patch
>
> Or did I misunderstand you?

The current trunk works just fine.
I was able to reproduce the problems with my original
patch that Joe reported (the reason was because the
original patch copied the entire apr_sockaddr_t together
with pointers set to the stack temp variable).

I suggest we simply backport 447894 to 1.2 and 0.9
because it was derived from the original 442135 and
443262 already backported.

Regards,
Mladen.