apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434327 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/arch/win32/apr_arch_threadproc.h misc/win32/start.c threadproc/win32/threadpriv.c
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:44:20 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Adding any of the '#pragma data_seg'
> gives the following compile time warning for static
> APR compiled for a simple hello-world.c:
>
> MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.CRT' sections
> found with different attributes (40400040)
> MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4254: section '.CRT' (C0000040)
> merged into '.rdata' (40000040) with different attributes
>
> Build with:
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Version 2.0.50727
> Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.42 for x64
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> I'm really feeling stupid here. You are saying it works,
> but I've spend more then 20 working hours, and I can not make
> it even to compile without warnings.

It seems, then, that this will become one of two different solutions,
with your DllMain alternative implementation that will need to be compiled
if we discover we are building to a dynamic library for non-x86 targets :(

I spend a good part of the day deep in Win32 debugging and internals, and
stopped to visit our friend the CRT.  There is definitely nothing to help
us there, in terms of internals, that is portable across VC6 ... VC8.

Perhaps VC8 actually has a solution, I can revisit since it's not unreasonable
to demand the modern compiler as a minimum baseline for modern CPU's.

Bill