apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434327 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/arch/win32/apr_arch_threadproc.h misc/win32/start.c threadproc/win32/threadpriv.c
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:47:32 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Branko ─îibej wrote:
>
>> FYI, I'm waiting for someone to send me the code that I'd made work on
>> Win64. In restrospect, it's quite possible that I only fixed it for the
>> static-link case -- DLLs do have their own ctor/dtor segments, but I'm
>> not sure that they're noticed at program shutdown or library close.
>>
>> I'll know more in a few days.
>>

> That sounds great - we'll be patient :)  But there is the thought of doing
> a release at the end of the week, so once you do hear word, let us know.
>
> If your solution works only for static-links, and Mladen's works for the .dll
> case, then it seems we could mix n match to solve the whole issue.

Here's the code. This is the tss_pe.cpp file from Boost, slightly
modified (lines 35--37) in order to compile on Win/IA64. It compiles and
runs on x86, AMD64 and IA64, but I only ever tested it as a static
library. It's also C++, and quite possible that the same method won't
work in C.

Hope this helps, and sorry I don't have more time to try to solve it.

P.S.: IM(ANAL)HO looking at this Boost-licensed code won't taint APR,
but I may be wrong.