apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434327 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/arch/win32/apr_arch_threadproc.h misc/win32/start.c threadproc/win32/threadpriv.c
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:40:30 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I'm still -1 on that approach, for the very reason that it doesn't
> produce any consistent results.  I'm not arguing that your solution
> isn't a partial answer to the fact that we get -no- results today, but
> I'm arguing that the right solution beats half a solution.

Do not understand why are you against such a solution.
The half-way is IMHO always better then no-way :)

Anyhow, the entire idea of modifying calling process msvcrt
tables sounds a little bit 'hacking' to me, and always will.
Somehow I don't see that as a right way to go.

Further more, from a pragmatic point of view.
If we were able to live for so long without that,
why can't we live any more with the something better?

Regards,
Mladen.