apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434327 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/arch/win32/apr_arch_threadproc.h misc/win32/start.c threadproc/win32/threadpriv.c
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 05:21:45 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Are you sure this works in native, or only on x86 emulated
> mode on those processors?
> I have tried almost everything, but since link says it
> is a read-only thing on those CPU's I'm stuck.

Brane - can you offer any additional insight here?

Mladen, perhaps modify trunk to follow this schema so that Brane can work
behind and offer the patch that will solve the issue?

> Since all this is a hack, IMHO we can simply exploit the
> feature from DLL apr build, and leave the current
> status for LIB builds like it was before.
> (BTW, my patch does that).

I'm still -1 on that approach, for the very reason that it doesn't
produce any consistent results.  I'm not arguing that your solution
isn't a partial answer to the fact that we get -no- results today, but
I'm arguing that the right solution beats half a solution.

View raw message