apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434327 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/arch/win32/apr_arch_threadproc.h misc/win32/start.c threadproc/win32/threadpriv.c
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:12:39 GMT
Branko ─îibej wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>>

>> MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.CRT' sections
>> found with different attributes (40400040)
>> MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4254: section '.CRT' (C0000040)
>> merged into '.rdata' (40000040) with different attributes
>>
>> ... and it doesn't work although builds with warnings.
>> I have contacted Jac to see if he has some ideas why this
>> doesn't work on non x86 CPU's, but I'm skeptic because those
>> link warning says that for AMD64 those segments are read only,
>> and thus you can not insert your own handler.
>
> I know that boost_thread uses this method, and I've verified that it
> works on AMD64 and IA64; the tric is, I believe, that Boost inserts a
> single static handler into the static constructor and destructor
> segments, and lets that handler maintain its own list of hooks.

Are you sure this works in native, or only on x86 emulated
mode on those processors?

I have tried almost everything, but since link says it
is a read-only thing on those CPU's I'm stuck.

Since all this is a hack, IMHO we can simply exploit the
feature from DLL apr build, and leave the current
status for LIB builds like it was before.
(BTW, my patch does that).

Regards,
Mladen.