apr-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Hirsch <share-apa...@think42.com>
Subject Re: Atomic Operations Assembly
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:34:29 GMT
On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 05:51:34PM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 06:28:10PM +0200, Colin Hirsch wrote:
> > - I have configured, built and "make test"ed on an 8-CPU Solaris 8
> > machine with GCC 3.3 and GCC 4.0.2, using GNU as and ld, and all seems
> > to work...
>
> We already have a native solaris atomics implementation in trunk/,
> any idea if your patch works on Linux on sparc?

I would expect it to work on Linux, but I haven't got access
to appropriate hardware to test it myself.

Regarding the native Solaris implementation, the required
primitives are only available on Solaris 10...

> Also, please use diff -u :-)

Ok, I can send a new patch, also against latest trunk, once any
further discussion (if there is any) is finished.

Ciao, Colin