apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [weigelt@metux.de: porting to unitool for clean crosscompiling]
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:35:29 GMT
On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 02:22:09PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> I'm currently porting the whole httpd stuff (starting w/ apr) to
> unitool (http://unitool.metux.de/) to solve the endless crosscompile
> problems w/ autoconf (AC_TRY_RUN ...).
>
> The first step is to replace all AC_TRY_RUN()'s by unitool
> queries (http://unitool.metux.de/index.php/System_properties),
> so we have an standardizes and consistent database.

As I said on the PR: I don't really see what this gains.  You can build
a "standardized and consistent database" of cache variables to support
cross-compilation, without deviating from standard autoconf macros. The
hard part is still building the database, not the interface to the
database.

Regards,

joe