apr-dev mailing list archives

From Spence <scintil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBD: driver
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:13:01 GMT

Is the DBD Mysql driver the Perl DBD package?  If so, I have not installed
it, partially because I cannot get it to compile.  I have followed the
suggestions for getting it to compile on 10.3
(http://www.mail-archive.com/macosx%40perl.org/msg05736.html), but
receive linker errors:

ld: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o) r_type field of relocation
entry 794 in section (__TEXT,__text) invalid
ld: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o) stray relocation
PPC_RELOC_PAIR entry (795) in section (__TEXT,__text)

But I think this is more a perl problem than an apache problem.  If the DBD
driver is not the Perl package, where can I find it?

I will be using the Perl DBD libraries in the future, for a bunch of modules
I need to install, but I don't think I need it at this stage for my PHP
installation.

Nick, I tried to move this thread to the "Apache DB - General" thread but
can't do so (Can't move out of mailing list archive for dev@apr.apache.org).
Also, do I need to add DBD directives to my httpd.conf file?  I didn't need
to do so on the 10.4 installation and everything worked fine.  And finally,
what should I do to try find out if this is an actual bug or just a
misconfiguration/misinstallation on my machine?

Regards,
Spencer
Sent from the APR Dev (Apache Portable Runtime) forum at Nabble.com.