apr-dev mailing list archives

From Spence <scintil...@gmail.com>
Subject DBD: driver
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 02:52:15 GMT

Hi all,

I'm new to this, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but
hopefully someone can shed some light on this.  I'm trying to install Apache
2.2, MySQL 5, and PHP 5 on a Mac OSX (10.3.9) server.  The server already
runs Apache 1.3, MySQL 4, and PHP 4.  I've successfully installed Apache,
MySQL and PHP on a 10.4 server, but am having problems with the 10.3 box.

I've installed Apache and MySQL, but when I try to start Apache, I get the
following error:

[Thu Aug 10 19:30:35 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not available
[Thu Aug 10 19:30:35 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise

When I installed Apache, I used the following configuration:

./configure --enable-modules=most --enable-mods-shared=max
--enable-shared=max

When I run "httpd -l", I get the following:
  core.c
  mod_authn_file.c
  mod_authn_dbm.c
  mod_authn_anon.c
  mod_authn_dbd.c
  mod_authn_default.c
  mod_authz_host.c
  mod_authz_groupfile.c
  mod_authz_user.c
  mod_authz_dbm.c
  mod_authz_owner.c
  mod_authz_default.c
  mod_auth_basic.c
  mod_auth_digest.c
  mod_dbd.c
  mod_dumpio.c
  mod_ext_filter.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_filter.c
  mod_deflate.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_logio.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_expires.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_ident.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_dav.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_info.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_dav_fs.c
  mod_vhost_alias.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_imagemap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_speling.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_so.c

I have nothing in my httpd.conf file related to DBD.  Other than changing
the user/group, docroot, and cgi-bin settings, I'm using the default
httpd.conf file.

Also, I can't find the module "mod_dbd.so" on my filesystem.  I assume this
is expected since I compiled mod_dbd into the server when I built it.
(Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else).  I read some postings where
people fixed the same problem by commenting out a line reading "LoadModule
mod_dbd modules/mod_dbd.so".  However, I need to be able to access MySQL.

Finally, I was wondering if I needed to install APR utils separately.  They
were bundled in the Apache 2.2 distribution so I assumed they were compiled
and installed when I ran make/make install in the main apache directory.

Once again, it would be wonderful if anyone could shed some insight on this.
Thank so much!
Spencer

Sent from the APR Dev (Apache Portable Runtime) forum at Nabble.com.