apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434327 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/arch/win32/apr_arch_threadproc.h misc/win32/start.c threadproc/win32/threadpriv.c
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:54:59 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I thought the concensus was that the MSVC's own destructor callbacks
> were more interesting, since they would permit apr to be statically
> bound to the app?

I have tried the think Brane mentioned.
Even contacted the original author of the article
from Codeguru (Jac Goudsmit), and it works, but only
for WIN32 flatform. Building for AMD64 fails with
things like:

MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.CRT' sections
found with different attributes (40400040)
MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4254: section '.CRT' (C0000040)
merged into '.rdata' (40000040) with different attributes

... and it doesn't work although builds with warnings.
I have contacted Jac to see if he has some ideas why this
doesn't work on non x86 CPU's, but I'm skeptic because those
link warning says that for AMD64 those segments are read only,
and thus you can not insert your own handler.

Regards,
Mladen.