apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: modphp problems with file >=64k
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 04:24:06 GMT

On 08/07/2006 07:51 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 8/5/06, Paul Smedley <paulat@smedleydot.info> wrote:
>
>> I read the website on how to submit patches - submitted in bug report
>> 40193
>

> (Not aimed at you, but at whomever edited the contributing page on the
> APR site.)
>
> I think only submitting patches to Bugzilla is huge mistake.  Patches
> should *always* be posted on-list.  If folks want to *also* post them
> to Bugzilla, they can waste their time and do so.  Bugzilla is not a

I guess at least for bugs this additional work makes sense, because you
can reference the PR number in the commit message and the CHANGES. While this
still gives you not all gory details of the patch discussion on the list
you have at least a quick reference to a more detailed description about
what problem this patch solves.

> place to store discussions around patches as it purposely moves
> development discussion off-list.

Agreed. Discussion should not take place in bugzilla.

Regards

RĂ¼diger