apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Problems with DSOs and Pools
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 02:07:28 GMT
Quoting Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>:

> I think we're talking about the same thing here.

Yep.

> What I want is an
> API that says "load this DSO, and don't unload it until we exit".
> That would make all my problems (in this particular are anyway) go
> away.

If this is a per-process thing (i.e. unload on exit), then we don't
need to have anything registered in any pool. It would just go away
when the process does.

I'm thinking now that apr_dso_load() could do exactly that with it's
pool argument being set to NULL. In other words, in apr_dso_load() we
can simply pass in an already allocated handle (since we can't call
apr_pcalloc()) and no cleanup should be registered at all. In
apr_dso_unload(), if handle->pool is NULL, no cleanup should run.

Would that do it?

--
Bojan