apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Problems with DSOs and Pools
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:07:17 GMT
Quoting Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org>:

> So the pointers to the literals where invalid. Ouch.

Right. I see that my assumption about relying on things after
apr_dso_unload()/apr_dso_load() cycle was incorrect.

I'm not sure how to address that at all. I mean if on Linux pointers
change after dlclose()/dlopen() cycle (with ref. counts at zero),
relying on pointers to be the same is sure to be a bug, right?

I have a feeling that this part of the problem really has to do with
abuse caused by programmers using the API and not APR...

--
Bojan