apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crypto FAQ
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:41:06 GMT
On 7/18/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> One nit... we just had a long discussion about 'who's the manufacturer,
> do we report the "APR-util Library" product or "OpenSSL" seperately.
> One thing that leads to the confusion is the example...
>
> MANUFACTURER:         {list of origin of all crypto code, e.g.
>                            "OpenSSL Project" or "Apache Software Foundation."
>                           If product includes multiple crypto items from
>                           different origins, list all origins.}
>
> For ASF notifications, shouldn't the 'example' simply be ASF?

No -- we were talking about the Product Name earlier in the thread,
not the Manufacturer.  Take a look at the first two questions in the
FAQ and tell me if this makes sense.  We're always Submitting these
things For the ASF about the Products we export that include crypto
that we Notify them about, built by one or more Manufacturers, which
may or may not include us.

FAQ:
http://apache.org/dev/crypto.html#faq-productname
http://apache.org/dev/crypto.html#faq-manufacturer