apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crypto FAQ
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 04:09:16 GMT
I've just done a major update to the crypto docs page.  Take a look
and tell me what problems you see: http://apache.org/dev/crypto.html.

Here's what I changed:
 - added the FAQ that I stared this thread with, slightly reworded
 - added a few additional follow-on Q&As from this thread
 - re-ordered the steps that need to be taken to make a bit more sense
 - restructured the page to look like other legal pages I've been
working on (with a section on "purpose & intended audience",
"overview", and "notification of updates to page")
  - referenced David Reid's work on project-specific RDF files that
end up building an ASF-wide exports page, and changed the NOTIFICATION
line to the single 'exports.html' page
  - added specific details about exactly what info needs to be on the
exports page (primarily to help with the designing the RDF system).
It's a little clunky in its hierarchical presentation, but it's just
temporary until we have a system up and running.
  - noted that ASF source URLS might include releases on
archive.apache.org as well as code being committed in /trunk
  - added a line to the README text to refer users to http://www.wassenaar.org/

So, in parallel with dealing with whatever problems I've created with
these changes =-o , I think the last thing to do before calling this
final is to help David Reid get this RDF build system done.   I'll
focus on this tomorrow.

Cliff