apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crypto FAQ
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 07:29:53 GMT
On 7/5/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> I mean I get the general idea here (we need to notify some government
> agency before we start distributing crypto code), but it'd be good to
> get the actual specifics someplace we can expect people to read,
> before diving into the FAQ.
>
> Also, another question I've got is who the point of contact on the
> notification email should be.  Is that the PMC chair?  And where does
> this email get sent to anyway?
>
> -garrett (who has not been spending nearly as much time as he should
> following this thread, and is hoping that Cliff will rescue him with a
> nice "you need to do this, this, and this to keep us from breaking the
> law" kind of recipie soon ;-)

fair enough -- however, could you tell me if these comments come after
having read http://apache.org/dev/crypto.html?  I was kind of hoping
that page comes close to providing the background and list of what
steps must be taken.  I guess I think a rev of the current
cryppto.html page + a rev of this FAQ should be very close to the
needed docs.  Agree?

Cliff