apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422157 - /apr/apr/trunk/file_io/win32/filepath.c
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:24:54 GMT
On 7/17/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Comparisons.  Deny "C:/" pattern.  Now, are we going to catch "c:/"?
>
> If we get TRUECASE of the pattern and the path, they must match if same
> or mismatch if different.  Case insensitive test is not sufficient since
> that's a whopping 96 codepage points out of 64k in unicode.

The problem is that the APR code relies on the MSVC run-time being
consistent: as we have demonstrated, it's not.  It can and does report
c:\ in several circumstances.  Note that all APR was doing was
toupper() which doesn't handle Unicode either.

Again, these are the testnames tests that were failing.  Win32 reports
c:\ and APR expects it to be C:\.   So, the tests fail.  As Paul said,
either the tests need to be rewritten to support case-insensitivity or
APR needs to be fixed to respect what the runtimes provide to us.  At
this point, I think APR needs to be fixed.  -- justin