apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: rev:421075 - Define struct iovec for mingw - causes redefinition problems...
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:09:43 GMT
On 7/12/06, Brad Nicholes <BNICHOLES@novell.com> wrote:
>   The patch
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_want.h?r1=151412&r2=421075
> which adds a hard coded definition of struct iovec causes redefinition
> problems at least on the NetWare platform and I would imagine others as
> well.  The problem is that both the definitions of struct iovec found in
> sys/uio.h as well as the hard coded definition found in apr_want.h will
> be included under certain circumstances.

What circumstance is that?

The inclusion of the struct iovec def in apr_want.h is controlled by
the APR_HAVE_IOVEC feature check in autoconf.

So, if it were dually included from both sys/uio.h and apr_want.h,
that means that the autoconf test is failing and that sys/uio.h
actually has the struct iovec definition and autoconf doesn't know
that.

How does NW define the apr.h file?  Perhaps it's just missing
#define'ing APR_HAVE_IOVEC to 1?  That might be a more logical
explanation actually...  -- justin