apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apreq -> apr-util
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:05:46 GMT
david reid wrote:
> While doing some work on mod_sparql I found that some of the
> functionality i had assumed we already had in apr-util was actually
> available in apreq. Further examination revealed various parts of the
> library code that I feel really belong in apr-util.

Well, the proposal is a little too fuzzy to add meaningful thoughts right
now, but I've always been a fan of bringing apreq into httpd 2.x.  And you
are absolutely right, some of the features in apreq are really more generic
than httpd, and I'd agree some of them would be a good fit in apr-util.

But the next question is - which API's do you propose are generic enough
for apr-util?

Bill