apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Horner <jeff.hor...@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject Re: apreq -> apr-util
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:54:13 GMT
david reid wrote:
> While doing some work on mod_sparql I found that some of the
> functionality i had assumed we already had in apr-util was actually
> available in apreq. Further examination revealed various parts of the
> library code that I feel really belong in apr-util.
>
> I talked briefly with joes and he seemed to be OK with us looking at
> what parts would be a good fit for apr-util. He indicated that the
> project was looking to try and alter their code in various ways and so
> having more of their generic lib code available directly in apr-util may
> be a win for them as well.
>
> I'm not giving specifics yet as I'd like to know if people think we
> should do it, and then what pieces we should look at moving. The
> overhead of moving will be minimal and the changes required look to be
> also minimal.

As a casual list reader who uses/distributes libapreq with his own project:

http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/RApacheProject

I welcome any collaboration that could further the idea of distributing
libapreq with apache httpd (just as apr and apr-util are distributed
with httpd) or even melding libapreq into apr-util.

--
Jeffrey Horner       Computer Systems Analyst         School of Medicine
615-322-8606         Department of Biostatistics   Vanderbilt University