apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r424900 - /apr/apr/trunk/test/testnames.c
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:51:20 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 04:27:33AM -0000, William Rowe wrote:
>> Author: wrowe
>> Date: Sun Jul 23 21:27:27 2006
>> New Revision: 424900

>> Log:
>>
>>   Revert my last commit.  I've determined that data becomes data, while
>>   data/ remains data/.  ../../.. should observe the same behavior, so this
>>   is effectively a bug, even if it has no negative impact.
>
> The Unix implementation will always append a trailing slash in this
> case, it seems.  The APR_FILEPATH_TRUENAME documentation appears to
> suggest it should too; is this a bug?

Let's verify the assumption that TRUENAME will append a slash to a dir name,
and if so, TRUENAME should ignore the absence of a trailing slash and always
append one.

In the non-truename case, I'm suggesting that if foo/bar is returned as
foo/bar, then ../.. should also be returned as ../.. - would you agree?

Interesting side effects; foo/bar/.. becomes foo where it currently becomes
foo/ if I finish this thought and also touch the other side of the ../
handling code.

Bill