apr-dev mailing list archives

From david reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: rdf store?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:41:12 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 July 2006 15:01, david reid wrote:
>> I'm starting to look at adding a mod_sparql to httpd,
>
> Nice!
>
>> but on thing that
>> will likely be needed is a "store" for RDF files. I suppose adding this
>> functionality to apr-util makes the most sense. The redland libraries
>> look like a reasonable base for the functionality (they work on most
>> os's including windows).
>
> Redland is a big dependency to add to apr-util.  It feels like a good
> incentive to switch apr-util to a collection of loadable modules.

It is. But making it "optional" (which is what I was planning) wouldn't
be out of line with other dependencies we use.

FWIW I'm in email contact with one of the key people behind the redland
initiative. I'll see where it goes :-)

> OK, in terms of APR management, redland could be introduced
> in 1.x, while a modularised build would probably imply 2.0.
> So I won't push for it as a prerequisite to RDF.  But I hope
> you'll bear it in mind in designing apr_rdf.

Well, why would it make any difference?

I realise you're very keen for the changes in the way the we load
dependencies, but that's for the future and I'm presently -0 on the
whole idea.

--
david

http://feathercast.org/