apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422157 - /apr/apr/trunk/file_io/win32/filepath.c
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:11:24 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> maybe there's a case for modifying apr_filepath_get on win32 here, to
> use the same canonicalised format? We're probably not the only people
> likely to perform these kind of niaive string comparisons, and we're
> supposed to know our own codebase ;-)

Very true :)  Actually I started pondering that.  The drive letter of
course, that's trivial.  The interesting bit gets into when the user

cd c:\progra~1\Apache~1

so apr_filepath_get returns "c:\progra~1\Apache~1"

and the TRUENAME resolves to "c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation".

Do we really want to spend the cycles in filepath_get to normalize this case?