apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422157 - /apr/apr/trunk/file_io/win32/filepath.c
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:39:23 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> The problem is that the APR code relies on the MSVC run-time being
> consistent: as we have demonstrated, it's not.  It can and does report
> c:\ in several circumstances.

Yes, and so what?  This should be harmless... please indicate the bug
that the VETOED code supposedly corrects?

(And Mr. Committer, revert your vetoed code already.)

> Note that all APR was doing was
> toupper() which doesn't handle Unicode either.

No need.  Drive LETTERS aren't full unicode, the drive letter is ascii.

> Again, these are the testnames tests that were failing.

Cite them.

> Win32 reports c:\ and APR expects it to be C:\.   So, the tests fail.

Test(s) plural?  Cite them.

> As Paul said,
> either the tests need to be rewritten to support case-insensitivity or
> APR needs to be fixed to respect what the runtimes provide to us.  At
> this point, I think APR needs to be fixed.  -- justin

No, and the veto stands.