apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422157 - /apr/apr/trunk/file_io/win32/filepath.c
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:11:09 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>>
>> So, should the fix to instead change all of our other filepath
>> functions to force everything to be one way?
>
> Choose upper, choose lower.  I suggest upper.  The point is that when
> you canonicalize something, you take the 'true case', or you punt.  Doing
> nothing isn't an option.  THAT is a -1.

To clarify -again-, the case of the name is determined by the case of
the name in the filesystem.  The case of the drive is arbitrarily chosen
but must be one or another.

Are you going to revert this vetoed commit, sir?

>> The other option I was playing with was changing the testnames tests,
>> to all be case insensitive, but that means changing nearly every
>> existing test case there, and on other platforms that are case
>> sensitive we would need different tests.

You might want to post what error you are seeing, since there wasn't an
apparent error, here.

Bill