apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422157 - /apr/apr/trunk/file_io/win32/filepath.c
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 02:41:14 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Damnit, you really want more case-canonical flaws in httpd?
>
> So, is that a -1 or just a complaint?

That part was a question after my less-than-fun trawl through svn blame
on server/request.c

>> I don't give a shit if it's force-lower or force-upper.  It so happens
>> that 90% of the time, the NT Kernel represents drive letters in upper
>> case.  But it's neither here nor there, revert this.
>
> So, should the fix to instead change all of our other filepath functions
> to force everything to be one way?

Choose upper, choose lower.  I suggest upper.  The point is that when
you canonicalize something, you take the 'true case', or you punt.  Doing
nothing isn't an option.  THAT is a -1.

> The other option I was playing with was changing the testnames tests, to
> all be case insensitive, but that means changing nearly every existing
> test case there, and on other platforms that are case sensitive we would
> need different tests.

Not necessary.  We know the canonicalization pattern.  You can anticipate.

Bill