apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422157 - /apr/apr/trunk/file_io/win32/filepath.c
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 02:33:41 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Damnit, you really want more case-canonical flaws in httpd?

So, is that a -1 or just a complaint?

> I don't give a shit if it's force-lower or force-upper.  It so happens
> that 90% of the time, the NT Kernel represents drive letters in upper
> case.  But it's neither here nor there, revert this.

So, should the fix to instead change all of our other filepath functions
to force everything to be one way?

The other option I was playing with was changing the testnames tests, to
all be case insensitive, but that means changing nearly every existing
test case there, and on other platforms that are case sensitive we would
need different tests.

-Paul