apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Crypto FAQ
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:58:17 GMT
Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> fair enough -- however, could you tell me if these comments come after
> having read http://apache.org/dev/crypto.html?  I was kind of hoping
> that page comes close to providing the background and list of what
> steps must be taken.  I guess I think a rev of the current
> cryppto.html page + a rev of this FAQ should be very close to the
> needed docs.  Agree?

Cliff; we need one ABSOLUTE STATEMENT out of you :-)

"APR Project, if you ship an APR binary that includes libssl/libcrypto,
you must:"

    a. " produce an 'OpenSSL Product notification' seperately"
or b. " add the 'OpenSSL source (e.g. openssl.org/dist/) to your notice for '
         'APR-util Product' "

If you don't ship OpenSSL but provide the bindings to it, you must

    a. " produce an 'OpenSSL Product notification' seperately as it's implied"
or b. " add the 'OpenSSL source (e.g. openssl.org/dist/) to your notice for '
         'APR-util Product' as it's implied"
or c. " do nothing w.r.t. OpenSSL's source code."

Help?

If you say any/either, I suggest rolling in OpenSSL source notification
into the APR source notification (one notice, once, links at /crypto.html
or whatever) is a low-maintenance, low-headache, simplest path.

Bill