apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Proposed Crypto Notification process
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 01:36:21 GMT
Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> I've seen my name mentioned a lot in this thread...hopefully the
> "Crypto FAQ" that I just sent to this list will answer most of the
> questions referred to me in this thread.  If not, I'll try to get to
> the others.
>
> BTW, I think David Reid's projects RDF idea is a great one.  I'll try
> to follow up on his legal-discuss thread tomorrow.

+++1.  If David can describe what the resulting project-html page can be named,
e.g. {tlp}.a.o/export.html then there is no reason to freeze activity or put
off notification for APR-util.  We'll just manually generate the information
(or use a manual pass at the .rdf source from David's sample) initially and
pursue the automation as we move forward.

I do want to notify in such a way that any BIS reviewer would not have to dig
through several dozen projects to secure the information; per-domain data
gives us the fine grained management, while the rdf collection at p.a.o/ would
provide the high level summary.  Win-win.  Thanks for spearheading this David!

Bill