apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler MacDonald <ty...@yi.org>
Subject apr_socket_setaside?
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:26:27 GMT
There is an apr_file_setaside() function that moves a filehandle from one
pool to another. Is there an equivalent operation for sockets? If not... is
there any technical reason why not, or is it just that nobody has gotten
around to needing/implementing it yet?

I'm asking because my module assigns sockets to different subsystems, not
knowing which one until some initial negotiation has taken place. It'd be
nice to be able to move the socket into the subsystem's pool after this
negotiation... the other option being, I guess, to add an
apr_pool_cleanup_register as the socket is passed along...

	Thanks,
		Tyler