apr-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r426711 - in /apr/apr-util/trunk: include/apr_uri.h uri/apr_uri.c
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 09:56:07 GMT
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 10:04:30PM -0700, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> Personally, I'm -1 on us adding support for any non-registered port
> types in APR-Util's URL parser.

Same here.

> Perhaps someone in the Tomcat community can get in touch with the IANA
> and do the appropriate begging and pleading for this port to be
> assigned to them, despite the fact that they clearly failed to follow
> the rules when adopting it in the first place.

I doubt very very much that AJP would gain an IANA-assigned port, as the
protocol is generally not used on the public internet, nor are there
widespread independent implementations. I went through the process for
SpamAssassin about four years ago (I picked the port it runs on), and
got nowhere :-)