apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apreq -> apr-util
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:09:16 GMT
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 06:22:01PM +0100, david reid wrote:
> While doing some work on mod_sparql I found that some of the
> functionality i had assumed we already had in apr-util was actually
> available in apreq. Further examination revealed various parts of the
> library code that I feel really belong in apr-util.
>
> I talked briefly with joes and he seemed to be OK with us looking at
> what parts would be a good fit for apr-util. He indicated that the
> project was looking to try and alter their code in various ways and so
> having more of their generic lib code available directly in apr-util may
> be a win for them as well.
>
> I'm not giving specifics yet as I'd like to know if people think we
> should do it, and then what pieces we should look at moving. The
> overhead of moving will be minimal and the changes required look to be
> also minimal.

Well, it's only when you propose something specific that it can really
be considered!  The 3-point rule for "what stuff should go in apr-util"
that everyone seemed happy with was that it should be small, good, and
useful.  Adding *all* of apreq's library/*.c would certainly fail the
size test, I'd say.

joe