apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler MacDonald <ty...@yi.org>
Subject "z" modifier for APR_SIZE_T_FMT?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:08:56 GMT
I recently had a bug reported on my package, that it failed to compile under
s390. I guess this is because I was just using "%u" instead of
APR_SIZE_T_FMT to print the size, but I can't really be sure because I don't
have access to an s390 to compile myself. :)

This led me to check up on what APR_SIZE_T_FMT is actually defined as. On my
system, it's:

#define APR_SIZE_T_FMT "d"

Is there any reason why the "z" modifier is not included here? It seems like
that is what printf(3) says we want to use for formatting size_t types.

	Thanks,
		Tyler